Introducing Hydrow Training Camp — a six-week program designed to help shake up your workout routine, reinvigorate you and motivate you to chase your goals. Starting January 1, join the Hydrow community as we get stronger, fitter and more confident — together.
Hydrow Training Camp offers three different levels — Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced — to ensure you’re on the right path. Each week, you’ll complete four workout sessions led by Hydrow Athletes, ranging from 20 – 45 minutes in length.
Complete the assessments at Week 1 and Week 6 to measure your progress. We’ll keep track of your progress along the way, marking your milestones with personalized progress emails to keep you engaged, on-track on on your way.
How do I start?
Starting Training Camp is easy. Beginning January 1, you’ll see the “Training Camp” category under the Programs section on your Hydrow’s Home Screen. Simply Select the first video in the Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced track to begin — there’s no sign-up or registration necessary to participate.
Looking for some additional support or motivation? Join the Hydrow Training Camp Facebook group for updates from the Athletes and for a place to connect with others working their way through Training Camp.
What difficulty level should I choose?
Not sure what level is right for you? Here’s what our chief coach Justin Moore has to say about each of the Training camp levels:
- “Hydrow’s Beginner Training Camp is excellent if you are a new rower and looking to build your fitness base after taking a break or being new to a routine. After six weeks, you will be able to:
- Better control your rhythm and training effort
- Row more effectively in a broad range of rhythms
- Execute advanced interval training
Overall, this program will ensure that you get more value out of every minute you spend in the Hydrow community.”
- “Intermediate Training Camp will give you the confidence to take on any Hydrow workout with positivity and strength.
- Weeks 1-3 use four 20-minute workouts to introduce essential training concepts, such as output control, power development, execution at higher rhythms and advanced interval training sessions.
- Weeks 4-6 progress our members to 30-minute workouts that focus on the same competencies, but deliver a stronger training stimulus each session.”
- “Advanced Training Camp is for athletes looking to build strength and fitness in the winter months through Hydrow’s full-body workout. Using the same training science and structures our coaches use to train Hydrow Athletes for the World Championships and Olympics, we have designed our Advanced program to be the most time-efficient and effective program available.”
Still not sure? You can always sample a few workouts to get a feel for them before you commit to one track.
Have more questions? Read our FAQ on Training Camp here.