Hydrow Summer Camp Sweepstakes
The thing we enjoy most about our Hydrow community is how much you share with us. Your personal stories, goals, favorite rows, favorite athletes, photos of your Hydrows, and what their names are (p.s. we love that you name them) – all across social media. You’ve even created your own Facebook fan pages (Hydrow Shorties, we see you and your shrimp emojis swimming up the leaderboard).
We want to reward you for all this awesome engagement and celebrate the summer, too. Because who doesn’t love summer? And prizes? And exciting new things (more on that in a bit). Therefore, we invite you to Hydrow Summer Camp – a six-week Instagram adventure where you can enter for a chance to be one of six winners of a brand new Apple Watch Series 5 and Hydrow merch. That’s one winner each week!
Every Sunday starting July 19, 2020, we’ll announce a fun new challenge on Instagram. You’ll have a week to submit a photo on your Insta feed representing that theme, tagging two of your friends and including our hashtags #HydrowSummerCamp and #sweepstakes (check that your account is set to public in order for us to see you). Be sure to also follow our @hydrow_by_crew account and like the weekly challenge post to qualify for our random drawing.
The following Monday we’ll announce the previous week’s winner via our Instagram stories, so keep eyes out and fingers crossed that you won yourself an Apple Watch and Hydrow apparel. The sweepstakes runs through August 30, 2020, with one grand prize finale of an Apple Watch 5 and our ENTIRE collection of Hydrow apparel.
Hydrow apparel? You read that correctly. We now have t-shirts, hats, and sweatshirts to show off your Hydrow pride. Can’t wait to try to win some? It’s all available for purchase here starting July 20, 2020. Yep, told you exciting stuff was coming in a bit. We never disappoint and in your new Hydrow gear, neither will you.
Remember, each Sunday we’ll post a new theme. Be creative with your submissions and think outside the boat. We can’t wait to see what you share. For full sweepstakes rules, read below.
Hydrow Summer Camp Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
The Sweepstakes is open to United States residents in all 50 states who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and who are entering the Hydrow Summer Camp Sweepstakes (“Event”) during the Sweepstakes Period. Employees of Hydrow Inc. and other companies associated with the promotion of the Sweepstakes, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family and household members of each such employee are not eligible.
The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Hydrow Inc., located at 14 Arrow Street 4th Floor, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 02138 (the “Sponsor”). Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes.
- Agreement to Rules
Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
- Sweepstake Period
The Sweepstakes begins on July 19, 2020 at 6:00AM PST and ends on August 30, 2020 at 11:59PM PST (the “Sweepstake Period”). See below for a detailed timeline of each weekly challenge, which will be posted on Instagram announcing that week’s theme:
- Weekly Challenge 1: Sweepstakes will run from Sunday, July 19, 2020 at 6:00AM PST – Saturday, July 25, 2020 at 11:59PM PST; winner will be announced on Monday, July 27, 2020
- Week Challenge 2: Sweepstakes will run from Sunday, July 26, 2020 at 6:00AM PST – Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 11:59PM PST; winner will be announced on Monday, August 3 2020
- Weekly Challenge 3: Sweepstakes will run from Sunday, August 2, 2020 at 6:00AM PST – Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 11:59PM PST; winner will be announced on Monday, August 10, 2020
- Weekly Challenge 4: Sweepstakes will run from Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 6:00AM PST – Saturday, August 15, 2020 at 11:59PM PST; winner will be announced on Monday, August 17, 2020
- Weekly Challenge 5: Sweepstakes will run from Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 6:00AM PST – Saturday, August 22, 2020 at 11:59PM PST; winner will be announced on Monday, August 24, 2020
- Weekly Challenge 6 (Final Prize): Sweepstakes will run from Sunday, August 23, 2020 at 6:00AM PST – Sunday, August 30, 2020 at 11:59PM PST; winner will be announced on Monday, August 31, 2020
Entries that are recorded before or after the Sweepstakes Period detailed above will be disqualified. Submissions will be accepted for each weekly Sweepstakes Period only from individuals participating in the Event.
- How to Enter:
Instagram (Social Media Platform): Starting on July 19, 2020, weekly challenges will be published as detailed above in Section 4. Sweepstakes Period. This method of entry is explicitly limited to the completion of the following criteria below:
- Following @hydrow_by_crew on Instagram
- Liking the Weekly Challenge Sweepstakes post on @hydrow_by_crew
- Posting a photo on your own Instagram feed (must be set to public) that matches the Weekly Challenge’s theme as determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor
- Tagging @hydrow_by_crew along with two additional Instagram friends
- Using the following Instagram hashtags: #HydrowSummerCamp #sweepstakes
Limit One (1) entry per person for each Weekly Challenge; entrants will need to complete the following criteria above for each Weekly Challenge that they want to participate in to be considered for that corresponding Prize Drawing.
Entries received from any person or Instagram account in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Entries that are not complete, do not adhere to the rules or specifications, or use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Prize Drawing
On or about the dates specified above in Section 4. Sweepstakes Period, the Sponsor will select a potential winner in a random drawing from among each week’s entries received based upon that Weekly Challenge’s theme. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received each week. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner via their Instagram inbox on or about the same date the Weekly Challenge winner is announced. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the date of the first attempt to contact him/her, the potential winner forfeits the prize and no alternate potential winner will be selected for said Weekly Challenge.
- Winner Notification
The potential winners will be notified by a Hydrow employee via their Instagram account. The Sponsor shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to the winners’ Instagram Spam inbox or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
WEEKLY CHALLENGES PRIZE (Weeks 1 – 5): One (1) Apple Watch Series 5. Approximate retail value: $389 and Hydrow merchandise. Approximate retail value: up to $100.
FINAL PRIZE (Week 6): One (1) Apple Watch Series 5. Approximate retail value: $389 and Hydrow merchandise collection. Approximate retail value: Up to $200.
The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
- General Conditions
In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Sweepstakes is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the Sweepstakes and, in the event of termination, award the prize at random among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of impairment.
The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorney’s fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Consent to Use Your Name, Image, and Statement
By entering in the Sweepstakes by taking the references steps in Section 6, you authorize the Sponsor to use your name, photograph, video, voice, likeness, image, and/or any statements you provided to the Sponsor and biographical information for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law (your “Endorsement”) in any printed medium, website, social media, radio, television, streaming, or any other media that exists now or that may be created later, for any purposes related to Hydrow’s business including training, advertising, marketing, promotion and public relations, or for any other commercial or lawful purpose.
You authorize Hydrow to edit, modify, excerpt, copy, display, publish, broadcast or otherwise use your Endorsement. You waive any right to (i) inspect or approve the finished materials or media in which your Endorsement appears and (ii) claim or receive any payment, royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of your Endorsement.
You own all rights in your Endorsement and have all rights necessary to make the authorizations, grants, releases and waivers in this document, all of which you intend to last forever and agree may not be revoked by you. The Sponsor has the right to transfer, assign, and license, in whole or in part, its rights under this document to any third party.
- Release and Limitations of Liability
By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, forever discharge, and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Sweepstakes, and each of the respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents, and all of their successors and assigns (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), including, but not limited to:
- Any technical errors associated with the Sweepstakes, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service providers, or other connections, availability or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties;
- Unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes;
- Mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors;
- Any other errors or problems in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the winner, the cancellation, or postponement of the Event, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; and
- All claims for invasion of privacy, right of publicity, defamation, misappropriation or infringement.
- Injury, death, loss or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrants’ participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, receipts, or misuse of the prize. Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the entrants be entitled to receive attorney’s fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering, hacking, or by in any equipment associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages.
Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Massachusetts. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants rights and obligations, or the rights of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construction in accordance with, the laws of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, where would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Massachusetts.
- Winners List:
To request the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Hydrow, Inc, Attn: Winners List, 14 Arrow Street 4th Floor, Cambridge, MA 02138. Winner List requests will one be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above).
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored or endorsed by Apple, Inc.